background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Day at the Farm

We took Dominic to one of the farms at NC State today. They were hosting a program called "Farm Days" held especially for kids to be able to get up close with many of their animals. We saw cows, goats, pigs, sheep, turkeys, bunny rabbits, chicks and horses. Dominic correctly identified all of the animals he knows well by their sounds - Mooooo, Baaaaa and Neigh Neigh. My favorite part was that I got to hold a teeny tiny baby chick. I was in love. Dominic did very well in petting the chick very gently as I held it. I think it was a toss up for Dominic's favorite part between seeing the big cows and talking to them and the chocolate ice cream he got to eat at the end, which they make right there at the NC State dairy farm. We followed up our little adventure with a stop at a great playground on Lake Wheeler and then lunch out. Dominic must have had fun as he came home and slept for 3 hours! What a great day!








1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awww that is precious. I love the one of you holding the baby chick and Dominic petting it. So cute!