I cannot believe that our little man is already a year and a half! Every day he is more and more like a little boy and feels so far from being a baby. Dominic is very independent and usually only wants "aaaalp" (Help) after several tries at something himself. In fact, he is quite resistant to holding Mommy's hand or even walking next to Mommy and likes to do his own thing. He is certainly a leader and not a follower. He's also very tough and pretty fearless - at times a little too much. Overall, he's a very happy little guy and quite affectionate too.
Dominic's talking has progressed a ton over the past 2-3 weeks or so. He is now saying so many words, that I can't get over it. Each day, he repeats and learns even more. At first, I was trying to keep a list and count how many, but I just couldn't keep up. He loves to make animals sounds (Moo, Baa, Meee, Neigh Neigh, Oooh ooh aaah aaah, quack). His pronunciation still needs a lot of work and B words are his best, but I'm able to understand about 90% of what he tries to tell me. I'm most proud of the fact that he can ask nicely for things by saying "pease". I do still usually have to remind him, but we've got to start somewhere, right?
Dominic absolutely loves to sing and dance. Finger play type songs are his favorite. He doesn't mind giving a few screams or shouts out of no where either - most often in the grocery store for some reason. Dominic is a real flirt and although he'll play shy at times, he just can't get enough attention. Recently, he also started saying "cheese" for the camera.
Dominic cannot get enough of cars, trucks, trains and buses. He loves making all of the noises that they do and will endlessly play with his toy ones, driving them all around the house. He points out most large vehicles on the road and is very excited when yellow school buses go by. And, I am a very lucky lady because I can never lose my car in a parking lot anymore, as Dominic picks our car out for me now and points me in the right direction every time we're out.
And what I find so fascinating is that at just 18 months, Dominic has a personality very similar to his Daddy's. He knows just what to do to tease a smile or a laugh out of Mommy. And just like his Daddy, sometimes, he takes it a little too far, but I'm not complaining. Now, I've got two great guys to remind me to relax, sit back and have a little fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment