background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Four?

Dear Dominic,
Today, on this perfect fall day, you turn four years old.  Is that really possible? I just spent some time looking at your baby pictures, thinking back to when we were anticipating your arrival, the two days I was in labor and when we first brought you home.  Seems more like a lifetime ago.

You have become an amazing little boy and I am so proud to be your Mom.  I love that you have started to assert your independence in many ways, like wanting to help out and do things on your own, but I'm also glad that you still run up to me and nestle your little face into my legs acting as if you want to just melt into me.  I love that  now we can have real conversations and decide together if something is silly or a good idea.  You are such a thinker that sometimes I swear I can see the gears grinding behind those beautiful brown eyes and wonder if smoke will start to come out of your ears! But then you resolve whatever had caused you to pause and we either get one of those great Dominic smiles or a very thorough explanation of the current topic.  Sometimes we are even lucky enough to get both!

Things you are loving right now include pulling your brother in the wagon on walks around the neighborhood, coloring, monster trucks, Legos, playing your Leap Pad, cookies or ice cream before bed, and as always, anything to do with trains!

Thank you for being you, Dominic.  You bring a light to my life that I never could have dreamed and am so excited to watch you continue to grow.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: