Yesterday was much warmer than it has been and one those days that you just simply cannot justify spending inside. After naps, we decided to take the boys to the playground. Each was happily expending their energy; Dante, climbing up and sliding down while Dominic found some toy dump trucks to move the sand around in. All of a sudden, a shriek that we haven't heard in a long time came from Dominic's direction. As both Vinny and I turned at the same time, we could tell by the creature circling his head that Dominic had just gotten his first bee sting on the left side of face. We grabbed them both and made a quick exit back to the car. And what do we do in situations like this? Call Mom, of course. She always knows exactly what to do while you have a screaming child in your arms. Well, after the house phone and both her and Dad's cells went unanswered, we were at a loss for a moment. So, I told Vinny, "Ok, call anyone with kids and I'll start Googling." Thankfully, ZiZi Frank and ZiZi Denise were home and answered. Frank started to give some suggestions that he knew, one of which, was to put a nickel on the sting. Vinny handed the coin to Dominic and by his look, I could tell there was nothing he was going to let touch his face, especially not this odd item. However, with the nickel in his hand, Dominic did stop crying for a minute and said, "Daddy, it feels better already. Can I just take this home and put it in my piggy bank?"
Thankfully, by that point, we had pulled up to the pharmacy and the very nice pharmacist pointed me in the direction of some Benadryl with some very specific instructions. In a matter of moments, Dominic was back to himself, running and jumping like the incident had taken place eons ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment