I felt like I could actually see these words fall out of Dominic's mouth and onto the floor of my closet that morning. They seemed so heavy; I think might have even heard them land on the carpet. How did this happen? How did it come to this? My once angelic, little boy being anxious about school and having this ugly vocabulary to express it.
It feels like chaos has been our normal for the last two months. The holidays, Vinny's surgery, my busy time at work had all been one on top of the other. Not only had Dominic's new word choices been a concern of mine, but overall his behavior was such a cry for a change. Dante still refused to walk. I knew physically he could but I didn't know why he didn't want to. The ear infections, runny noses and coughs just kept coming, one after the next for both boys. You try and tell yourself and it will be over soon and you can go back and fix all those things you put band-aids on to make it through. But can you really?
Things have since settled down for a little bit. Thankfully, Vinny healed great from his surgery and is back on his feet at full speed. My biggest event is successfully over and done for the year. We can breathe a little sigh of relief for the moment. As for the boys, Dominic seems to have done a 180 in a very short period of time and I couldn't be happier. There are a few key ingredients that came into play there and I pray his new attitude is here to stay. I can also proudly categorize Dante as a "walker" now. As for the band-aids, the old ones have been ripped off. There are probably a few scars and I'm sure eventually new ones will be need to be taped on. But I know from my own scars that if we take a lesson learned and keep on moving on, head held high, one day, we can look back and appreciate how we got to where we are.
To my Sweet Pea and my Little Stinker -
I love you more than I can type on these pages and live each day proud to be your Mom.
1 comment:
Chris, looks like we have so much to catch up on! I am glad Vinny is doing well and things have calmed down. Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment