Dear Dominic,
Today, at 5:05pm, you will be exactly 5 years old. We will have the meal that you requested (chicken fingers and sweet potato French fries) for dinner and eat cake that you insisted on helping to make. This morning, you brushed your own teeth and buckled yourself into your car seat. On Saturday, we'll have a party at the place you picked, with old friends and new. The point is that you are really growing up and fast! There are days when I feel like my labor to give birth to you took longer than the last 5 years.
You are the sweetest, most thoughtful, little boy. You have a curiosity that amazes me and a memory that blows my mind. You're silly and smart and brave. You are a helper and a great big brother. You innately understand how important it is to make the people around you feel good about themselves and remind them that you love them. You are a thinker and a puzzle solver and a builder. You can be shy at times but know when it's time to speak up. You want to know, "what's next?" You are a snuggler. You love feety pajamas and wish they were meant for all year round.
You are Dominic and when I look into your beautiful eyes, I know that all is right in my world.
Thank you for being you.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
"To the moon and back."
Mommy
1 comment:
Happy 5th Birthday Dominic! I can't believe it's been 5 years since you came into this world. I hope you had a great birthday party today. I wish we could have been there. See you very soon!
Jennifer
Post a Comment