First off, I know I'm a week late in writing your birthday letter. Let's just say that it's been "that kind of week." And now, we can call it even, since you were also a week late to arrive in the first place! (Yes, I plan to play that card whenever necessary for the rest of your life!)
Recently, I was away on a work trip. At that meeting, one of my co-workers was introducing me to someone who had just joined our company. He was trying to stroke my ego a bit and jokingly introduced me as "kind of a big D," as in "a big deal." As I did my usual shrug off of most work schmoozing, I also immediately began to think about you. You, literally, are the Big D in our house. You might not be big in stature just yet (I'm still convinced that one morning you will come down the stairs looking like the incredible hulk with your PJs torn after a growth spurt), but you are a big deal in so many other ways. Big on personality, creativity, imagination, brains, sensitivity, laughter, helpfulness, and being a great big brother. Your teacher has already called you a leader among your peers! Every time I turn around, you've made another new friend, drawing people in with your kind hearted way.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for the world in year #6. There's no one I could be prouder to have call me Mom.
Love you always,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment