background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dominic's Shadow

I will work to try and get a photo to add to this, but in the meantime, I wanted to share one of Dominic's newest fascinations - his shadow. With the sun always blaring these days, Dominic often catches his shadow following him, or, depending on his direction will work to chase after it. Every time he does see it, he first bends down and touches it and says "Ominie" (his pronunciation of Dominic). It is just one of those little things that makes me melt as his proud Mommy and allows me to further appreciate how perceptive that little brain of his is!

Another new trick of Dominic's that I will be proud of myself for catching on film, if I can, is his habit of sitting on Max as if he were a couch whenever Max is lying down and chewing on a bone. Dominic really finds it quite funny. First off, he knows that he is testing Max by doing it, so he flashes a very proud and mischievous grin when he able to fully accomplish a sitting position. Then, he laughs hysterically when Max gets annoyed and jumps up, dumping Dominic onto the floor. Yesterday, Max must have tolerated this for a solid 2 minutes without getting up, the longest I've seen, but I knew if I stood up to go and get my camera the two of them would follow me and disrupt the pose...I'm thinking you're just going to have to take my word for it. As bad as I do feel for Max, I kind of think he likes the attention deep down and I have to admit that it is quite amusing to watch!

No comments: