background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dominic's first movie

When I was a little girl, the very first movie that I went to see in the movie theatre was "An American Tale," the story of Fievel Mousekewitz. I got to go for my birthday when the movie came out, so for that Christmas I begged and pleaded for the Fievel doll. I got what I asked for and Fievel was in my life for a very long time, always having a spot on my bed. I still have him. When Grandma and Grandpa came to vist last month, they brought Dominic his very own Fievel doll. This prompted me to go online and buy the movie, since I didn't have it in my collection. It had finally arrived last week and Becky and I decided that would be our activity for the evening on Sunday night before she had to leave in the morning. We weren't quite sure if Dominic would sit through the whole thing or not, but it was worth a shot. He stayed glued to his seat the whole time. There were a few scary parts that he wasn't too fond of, but once those passed, he would settle down and continue watching. He seemed to enjoy it and it was really special that now we have a "first" in common. Maybe soon, we'll see if he's ready for the movie theatre!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that day fondly, especially when you jumped into my lap during the storm scene.
kisses,Angela