background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Morehead City Seafood Festival

Since last weekend was Vinny's first weekend off from the Italian Ice business for the season, we decided to have a family weekend away. There was a seafood festival out in Morehead City, so we packed up the car and headed out. The weather was perfect for walking around and it was a really fun weekend. There was plenty of fun stuff to keep Dominic entertained and Vinny and I just enjoyed being together and actually both being off of work on the same two days! Unfortunately, my camera battery died part way through the day, so I really didn't get to capture as much of the day as I would have liked, but at least I got a few shots and Vinny was able to take some video. Looks like Dominic loves the rides!





Dominic even took a nice long nap in his stroller while Vinny and I ate some lunch together (yummy fish tacos and shrimp), watched a cooking demonstration, listened to live music and did some window shopping.
Once we were done at the festival, we headed back towards home and stopped for the night in New Bern, a small town also on the water. We had a delcious seafood dinner and Dominic LOVED the concept of staying in a hotel. He liked the elevators and being able to run all around the room and check everything out. One of the big events of the weekend was that Dominic slept in a "big boy" bed for the first time. The hotel was out of loner cribs and we had not brought the pack in play, so he slept on the pull out sofa in the living room of the suite. He felt right to sleep and didn't get up at all in the middle of the night. However, once he stirred for the first time at 5am and realized that he could run right over to Mommy and Daddy's bed, there was no getting back in his bed. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a lot worse than that with lots of interrupted sleep, so I was pretty happy with his first try in a real bed. At home, I think we'll stick to the crib for a while longer.

No comments: