Dear Dominic,
As I write this today, I am still in disbelief that you turned 3 on Monday. It has been quite a year for you. Just before starting this post, I took a peak back at what you looked like and were doing when you turned 2 and it seems like you have aged way more than a year in that time. Just comparing the words you were saying and things you were doing, makes it seem like you were still a baby then and now you truly are a little boy.
You are still small for your age - finally fitting into 2T clothes just in time for your 3rd birthday. However, you certainly make up for anything you lack in size with your personality. I have said many times that you may have a future in sales. You are constantly negotiating with Daddy and I for something that you want and then you'll do something to be sweet like give a compliment or tell us how much you love us. You definitely know how to work a room!
You love having a good laugh and being silly. But you also have a serious and analytical side. It amazes Daddy and I how much you understand and remember. You do all sorts of puzzles and "brain teaser" type games with no trouble. Lately, you have become very interested in music and dancing. One of your favorites is the CD from Mommy and Daddy's wedding.
You have hit a lot of major milestones during this past year, many of which seem to have come all together over the last couple of months. You started pre-school, leaving Mommy and Daddy for the first time. You go 3 days a week and love doing all of the art projects and being with the other kids in your class. You also finally got potty trained over the past month. I would only give you a 95% score at this point in time, but you are really doing great and we're very proud of your progress there. Of course, all of the various rewards you got for doing it (M&Ms, Matchbox Cars, Puzzle Buzz Books) helped aide in the process. And of course, you became a Big Brother to Dante. You are so gentle and caring with him. I am excited for the years to come that you two will have to grow up together.
You are one sweet, happy and intelligent little boy and you fill our lives with more love than we could have ever imagined. We are proud of you each and every day and consider ourselves very lucky to be your parents.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment