Last night was a big milestone for Dante. He slept in his own room for the first time. He was still in his bassinet and not in the crib, but none the less, he slept there all by himself all night. I woke up at 4:30am this morning in a panic because of the time. Dante very routinely wakes up at 3:58am to eat. Half awake, my first thought was, "Great, the monitor failed me and he's been in there screaming for a half hour." Then, when I got up and listened outside of his room and heard nothing, my second thought was, "No, it's way too hot and stuffy in that room and he's not breathing! His first night alone and I've killed him." So, I peaked in and of course, he was still breathing and still sleeping. He slept until 4:50am and woke up and ate happily.
Once he gets used to being in there, or, probably, I should say once Mommy and Daddy are used to him being in there, we'll move him over to the crib. The crib just looks so big for him and I figured for the first night or two, the familiarity of the bassinet would be a good thing....
Dante, you are growing up so fast. A little too fast for Mommy. These milestones are so bittersweet for me. I get so excited about how well you are growing and developing, but so sad because I cannot go backwards and I know there are days I will ache for this time when you were so small.
No comments:
Post a Comment