Well, we all survived my first week back to work since Dante was born. Dominic was more than happy to have Miss Judy back to play with. Dante successfully learned to take his milk from a bottle and for me, it felt like I never left work even though 12 weeks had passed. I missed the boys terribly each day, but luckily I was so busy that I didn't have time to focus on it. Thankfully, due to scheduling, I only had to work 3 days so that we could all adjust to the new routine. I loved having the 4 day weekend with the boys and now tomorrow is back to the grind for my first full week. I know we will all get used to the routine and in some ways the separation is probably good for all of us. However, I really do wish that it didn't have to be so much time away from each other. When Dominic was Dante's age, I worked from home, so I didn't feel like I had to miss out on so much. It's a lot different working in the office and with a long commute.
Dominic, Dante, if there is something I can teach you out of this, it's that although the situation in life is not always exactly how we'd like it to be, it's important to be thankful for what we do have and just keep working towards our goals. Try to step back and look at the big picture. I love you both more than you could know and go to work each and every day for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment