Tonight was a very big first for Dominic! I am proud to say that he went pee pee in the potty just like a big boy. We bought a potty for him quite a while ago, but there really wasn't too much interest. He would imitate me sometimes while I was going, but Dominic would be fully clothed and also usually sitting with the lid down. He was mostly fascinated with making sure the door was properly shut while we "went potty" more than anything else. Lately, I've tried to be consistent in offering him the chance to go right before bath time once his diaper was off. Often he'd completely dismiss the idea and sometimes he would sit for a minute but then want to get into the tub. I never tried to push what so ever, but just wanted him to start getting familiar with it.
Tonight, as he was getting ready to sit down on it, I happened to open the vanity cabinet to get out his towel and washcloth. He spotted a book that was under there, which happens to be about how big boys go on the potty. He took the book and sat on the potty and began "reading." Once he was done, he stood up and gave me the book all ready for the bathtub and to my delight, the potty was full! I didn't even hear it happen, so I was actually quite shocked. As you can imagine, there was tons of clapping, cheering and celebrating. Such an exciting moment. Dominic definitely knew that what he did was a good thing.....Now, the question will be how long it takes to get from tonight to a fully potty trained little boy. My expectations are that it will take quite a while and that it will by no means be fun or easy, but tonight, I'm basking in my pride and also getting a little nostalgic about how big my baby is getting.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! That is great news!!! So proud of you Dominic!!
YAY! Congrats Dominic!
Post a Comment